
Weather and cancellations
The sea decides. Here is what happens when it says no, and what happens when you need to change plans.
If we cancel
If we cancel a trip because of weather, sea conditions or safety at the colony, you can move to another departure or have a full refund.
We run in most weather, including rain. A strong easterly wind or easterly swell is the usual reason for calling a trip off. We contact you as early as we can, using the phone number and email on your booking.
The decision on weather is the crew’s. Unless you have heard from us, the trip is on, so please arrive at your check-in time.
If the swim becomes a viewing trip
Now and then the boat launches and the skipper and guide decide at the colony that nobody should get in the water, because of the sea, a shark sighting or the way the seals are behaving. You still see the colony from the boat, and your swim is refunded down to the seal viewing price.
If you need to change your booking
Email us as soon as you know, and at least 48 hours before your trip. Changes need to be in writing and depend on space on other departures. We will always try to move you to another date.
- If a change or a drop in numbers reaches us later than 48 hours before the trip, the full cost for the number of guests originally booked still applies.
- If you do not arrive on the day, the booking is charged in full.
These are the booking terms shown at checkout. Read them in full on the booking system.
For the client to confirm
The booking terms mention both 24 hours and 48 hours as the notice for changes, and do not set out a refund scale for guests who cancel outright. This page uses the stricter 48 hours. Confirm the notice period and add any cancellation refund scale before launch.
Seasonal pause
Seal swims usually pause in June and July. Seal viewing boat trips run through the pause. We are closed on 25 December and 1 January.
Questions? WhatsApp or call +27 82 829 0809.
Last checked 10 October 2026.